In home training is ideal for specific behavior issues such as poor house manners, dogs and kids, door greetings, reactive behavior and basic day in and day out challenges.
We offer Positive Puppy Skills, Positive Basic Skills, Positive Advanced Skills, Dog Carting and Trick Classes.
Not sure about your dog’s abilities to accept a new baby or dog in the home? Want to understand why your dog responds to
stimulus the way he does?
Looking to obtain your dog’s American Kennel Club Novice, Intermediate, Advanced or Performer Trick Titles?
Ever since I was 5 years old, I always felt a special connection with dogs. Now, I know why. It was a God given desire to save as many dog lives as I can. Whether that meant rescuing them and finding them a home or helping them live harmoniously with their family.
In 1990, I set out on a life long journey to be a Canine Advocate. Immersing myself in canine behavior and training. Studying via books, seminars, mentor programs, webinars and clinics formed by some of the best canine specialists in our country. Some of my favorites include: Ian Dunbar, Karen Overall, Karen Pryor, Emma Parson, Dr. Sophia Yin, Patricia McConnell, Jean Donaldson, Brenda Aloff, Pat Miller & Dr. James Dobson. All of which believe in the science of learning by positive motivators.
My journey has led me through many hills and valleys but none were greater than the
journey with my current dog, Tayvin. Tayvin, is a male American Pit Bull Terrier, currently 8 years old and is a “Reactive Dog”. He has taught me the value of truly understanding a dog and what makes them happy, sad, scared, excited, nervous and over aroused. I thank God for him every day. This journey has led me to dig deep in understanding what dogs are saying and how to help others with “Reactive Dogs”.
Staying current on dog training trends that reflect my training philosophy gives me much joy. And I’m forever grateful for all the referrals from local rescues & veterinarians who continue to support happy & healthy dogs. I often defer to and appreciate the support of Animal Behaviorist, Ilana Reisner in PA.
Some of my accomplishments include
- – Furry Friends Network – Volunteer/Foster – fostered over 20 pit bulls and adopted them into loving homes
- – Canine Good Citizenship Evaluator & Trick Title Evaluator – American Kennel Club
- – Group Class Trainer Certification – Animal Behavior Training Associations – A.B.T.A. – Petco
- – A.B.T.A. Instructor – Petco Trainer Program
- – Oscar’s Pet Resort – Trainer – Group Classes – Puppy, Basics, Advanced,Carting, Tricks & created the Reactive Dog Program
- – Keystone Pets Enhanced Therapy Services – Evaluator/Trainer/Member
- – Reactive Dog Work – Mentor Program with Ann Withun – ACDBC, CPDT-KA
- – Train A Dog, Save A Warrior – Service Dog Trainer
- – Canine Behavior & Training – Pat Miller of Peaceable Paws – Level 1 Graduate
MY TRAINING PHILOSOPHY:
- Embracing dog owners along with their challenges.
- Educating them about life from a dog’s perspective.
- Helping them build a bond based on understanding, enjoyment, compassion & friendship.
- Sharing with them force-free and reward based solutions to create harmony.
- To take a negative and turn it into a positive.
- To educate dog owners how to be AMAZING in their dog’s eyes.
- To rejoice & cry while overcoming challenges.
- To save dogs and make their life happier.